TESL Information and Links

To teach English Language Learners, teachers need a Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) or Bilingual endorsement added to their existing license. Please visit the Nevada State Department of Education website for specific requirements for a TESL endorsement (http://nvteachers.doe.nv.gov/special_tesl.htm) or Bilingual endorsement (http://nvteachers.doe.nv.gov/special_bilingualed.htm).

Local institutions that offer courses towards the TESL/Bilingual endorsement include:

University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Sierra Nevada College

Nevada State College